Address: Marine Microalgae Bioengineering Lab, L4 Building, Canghai Campus, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060
2007.09-2013.12 South China University of Technology Sugar Engineering PhD
2002.09-2006.07 Guangzhou University Biology Engineering BS
2018.11-Now Shenzhen University, IAS Associate Researcher
2017.11-2018.11 Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University RA
2014.11-2017.11 Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University Postdoc
Algal secondary metabolism regulation and engineering
Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of SCUT at 2015
National Scholarship for Doctoral Students at 2013
Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Innovation Fund of SCUT at 2012, Second Prize
Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Innovation Fund of SCUT at 2011, Second Prize
Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Innovation Fund of SCUT at 2009, Third Prize
Research on the microecological mechanism and novel prevention and control technology of algal bloom disaster, A201603D05, Guangdong Province Marine Fishery Science & Technology Extension Project, 2016.07-2018.08
Cloning and identification of the light-sensitive Ggpps gene on astaxanthin accumulation from Haematococcus pluvialis, 2015M570082, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 2015.05-2017.11.
1. Yong Min Lao, Hui Jin, Jin Zhou, Huai Jin Zhang, Xiao Shan Zhu, Zhong Hua Cai (2018). A novel hydrolytic activity of tri-functional geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase in Haematococcus pluvialis. Plant and Cell Physiology.59: 2536-2548.
2. Hui Jin*, Yong Min Lao*, Jin Zhou, Huai Jin Zhang, Zhong Hua Cai (2018). A rapid UHPLC-HILIC method for algal guanosine 5′-diphosphate 3′-diphosphate (ppGpp) and the potential separation mechanism. Journal of Chromatography B. 1096: 143-153. (*co-first author)
3. Yong Min Lao, Hui Jin, Jin Zhou, Huai Jin Zhang, Zhong Hua Cai (2017). Functional characterization of a missing branch component in Haematococcus pluvialis for control of algal carotenoid biosynthesis. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8: 1341-1355.
4. Hui Jin*, Yong Min Lao*, Jin Zhou, Huai Jin Zhang, Zhong Hua Cai (2017). Simultaneous determination of 13 carotenoids by a simple C18 column-based ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography method for carotenoid profiling in the astaxanthin-accumulating Haematococcus pluvialis. Journal of Chromatography A. 1488(10): 93-103. (*co-first author)
5. Zhi Ping Ma*, Yong Min Lao*, Hui Jin, Guang Hui Lin, Zhong Hua Cai, Jin Zhou (2016). Diverse profiles of AI-1 type quorum sensing molecules in cultivable bacteria from the mangrove (Kandelia obovata) rhizosphere environment. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7: 1957-1970. (*co-first author)
6. Yong-Min Lao, Lan Xiao, Li-Xin Luo, Jian-Guo Jiang (2014). Hypoosmotic expression of Dunaliella bardawil ζ-carotene desaturase is attributed to a hypoosmolarity-responsive element different from other key carotenogenic genes. Plant Physiology. 165(1): 359-372.
7. Yong-Min Lao, Jian-Guo Jiang, Li-Xin Luo (2014). Characterization and Expression Patterns of Nitrate Reductase from Dunaliella bardawil under Osmotic Stress and Dilution Shock. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 173(5): 1274-1292.
8. Yong-Min Lao, Yan Lu, Jian-Guo Jiang, Li-Xin Luo (2012). Six predicted regulatory elements lying in the promoter region imply the functional diversity of chloroplast GAPDH in Duanliella bardawil. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 60(36): 9211-9220.
9. Yong-Min Lao, Lan Xiao, Zhi-Wei Ye, Jian-Guo Jiang, Shi-Shui Zhou (2011). In silico analysis of phytoene synthase and its promoter reveals hints for regulation mechanisms of carotenogenesis in Duanliella bardawil. Bioinformatics. 27(16): 2201-2208.
10. Hui Chen, Yong-Min Lao, Jian-Guo Jiang (2011). Effects of salinities on the gene expression of a (NAD+)-dependent glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in Dunaliella salina. Science of the Total Environment. 409: 1291-1297.
11. Yong-Min Lao, Jian-Guo Jiang, Lu Yan. (2009). Application of metabonomic analytical techniques in the modernization and toxicology research of traditional Chinese medicine. British Journal of Pharmacology. 157(7): 1128-1141.
12. Lu Yan, Yong-Min Lao, Jian-Guo Jiang (2009). Action Mechanisms of Chinese Herbal Compound at the Molecular Level. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 6: 397-402.