Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Address: Room 502-2 IAS Building, Southern Campus, Shenzhen University, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518060
Group Page: ：https://www.x-mol.com/groups/Li_Zheng
Google Scholar: https://xs.glgoo.99lb.net/citations?hl=zh-CN&user=lYRUuI0AAAAJ
2017.4: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Chemistry, Ph.D.
Mentor: Prof. Kenneth S. Suslick
2012.6: Nanjing University, Kuangyaming Honors School, Chemistry, B.S.
Mentor: Prof. Weiyin Sun
2019.10-, IAS, Shenzhen University, Assistant Professor
2018.3-2019.9, North Carolina State University, Postdoc
Supervisor: Prof. Qingshan Wei
2017.3-2018.2, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Postdoc
Supervisor: Prof. Kenneth S. Suslick
Dr. Li is interested in the development of chemical sensors or biosensors, wearable devices, microfluidics, lab-on-a-chip devices and new functional materials. His primary projects include (1) Microspherical silica- or metallic nanoparticle-based optoelectronic sensor arrays for environmental and mobile health monitoring; (2) Novel functional materials via ultrasonic spray synthesis; (3) Development of microfluidic chips and electrochemical sensors.
15 papers as the first/corresponding authors in high-impact journals, including Chem. Rev., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Nat. Plants, Chem. Sci., and Anal. Chem.; accumulated IFs > 160;
Two U.S. patents or patents pending;
H-index = 10 (i.e., 10 publications each with 10 or more citations);
Total citations = 380, i10-index = 10 (10 papers with >10 citations).
2019 Postdoctoral Travel Award, North Carolina State University
2017 TS Piper the Best Dissertation Award, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2015 Eastman Travel Award, ACS 250th National Meeting
2013 Ullyot Fellowship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2012 Award of Sciences and Arts, Department for Intensive Instruction, Nanjing University
Guest editor of Frontier in Chemistry;
Member of the American Chemical Society (ACS);
Reviewer of Anal. Chem., ACS Sens., Chem. Commun., Sens. Actuators B, etc.
1. Li, Z.; Suslick, K. S.* “Chemically-induced Sintering of Nanoparticles.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 14193-14196. (IF = 12.257).
2. Li, Z.; Paul, R.; Tis, T. B.; Saville, A. C.; Hansel, J. B.; Yu, T.; Ristaino, J. B.; Wei, Q.* “Non-invasive Plant Disease Diagnostics Enabled by Smartphone-Based Fingerprinting of Leaf Volatiles.” Nat. Plants 2019, 5, 856-866 (IF = 13.297).
3. Li, Z.; Fang, M.; LaGasse, M. K.; Askim, J. R.; Suslick, K. S.* “Colorimetric Recognition of Aldehydes and Ketones.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 9860-9863 (IF = 12.257).
4. Li, Z.; Askim, J. R.; Suslick, K. S.* “The Optoelectronic Nose: Colorimetric and Fluorometric Sensor Arrays.” Chem. Rev. 2019, 119, 231-292 (ESI highly cited paper, IF = 54.301).
5. Li, Z.; Zhang, S.; Tao, Y.; Dai, Z.; Wei, Q.* “Aptamer-Based Fluorescent Sensor Array for Multiplexed Detection of Cyanotoxins on a Smartphone.” Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 10448-10457 (cover, IF = 6.350).
6. Li, Z.; Suslick, K. S.* “Colorimetric Sensor Array for Monitoring of CO and Ethylene.” Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 797-802 (IF = 6.350).
7. Li, Z.; Suslick, K. S.* “Ultrasonic Preparation of Porous Silica-Dye Microspheres: Sensors for Quantification of Urinary Trimethylamine N-Oxide.” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10, 15820-15828 (IF = 8.456).
8. Li, Z.; Suslick, K. S.* “An Hand-Held Optoelectronic Nose for the Identification of Liquors.” ACS Sens. 2018, 3, 121-127 (cover, IF = 6.944).
9. Li, Z.; Li, H.; LaGasse, M. K.; Suslick, K. S.* “Rapid Quantification of Trimethylamine.” Anal. Chem. 2016, 88, 5615-5620 (IF = 6.350).
10. Li, Z.; Suslick, K. S.* “Portable Optoelectronic Nose for Monitoring Meat Freshness.” ACS Sens. 2016, 1, 1330-1335 (IF = 6.944).
11. Askim, J. R.†; Li, Z.†; Rankin, J. M.; LaGasse, M. K.; Suslick, K. S.* “An Optoelectronic Nose for Identification of Explosives.” Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 199-206 (†co-first author, IF = 9.556).
12. Li, Z.; Bassett, W. P.; Askim, J. R.; Suslick, K. S.* “Differentiation among Peroxide Explosives with an Optoelectronic Nose.” Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 15312-15315 (IF = 6.164).
13. Li, Z.; Jang, M.; Askim, J. R.; Suslick, K. S.* “Identification of Accelerants, Fuels and Post-combustion Residues Using a Colorimetric Sensor Array.” Analyst 2015, 140, 5929-5935 (IF = 4.019).
14. Li, Z.* “Nanoporous Silica-Dye Microspheres for Enhanced Colorimetric Detection of Cyclohexanone.” Chemosensors 2018, 6, 34.
1. Suslick, K. S.; Li, Z.; LaGasse, M. K. “Methods and Devices for Detection of Trimethylamine (TMA) and Trimethylamine Oxide (TMAO).” U. S. Patent 20170336379, Nov. 23, 2017.
2. Wei, Q.; Li, Z.; Ristaino, J. B. “Method and device for plant disease diagnosis by leaf volatile detection.” U. S. Patent application, 62873561, 2019.