Ph.D, Research Scientist
Address: Room 352, Administration Building,Shenzhen University,3688 Avenue Nanhai, Nanshan District,Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518060
2006-2012 Ph.D Osnabrück University, and Center for Nanotechnology (CeNTech) of Münster University, Germany.
2001-2004 Master Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1997-2001 Bachelor Nanchang University
2012-2016 Postdoctoral Associate School of medicine, Yale University
2004-2006 Research Assistant Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Non-natural nucleic acids: Chemical modification and functionalization
DNA fluorescence label
Fabrication of DNA self-assembled nanostructures
The property of DNA secondary structure: G-quadruplex and i-Motif
Synthesis of DNA/polymer hydrogel and its application
Synthesis of nano Medical and Biomaterials
The construction of 2D smart materials and non-natural nucleic acids: the application of biosensor and delivery of medicines
“Click”reaction induced the synthesis of cyclopeptides and its pharmacological research
Site-specific noncanonical amino acids and protein post-translational modification: lysine acetylation or methylation; phosphorylation of serine, threonine, tyrosine analogues
2018 Pearl River plan-young Talents in Guangdong province
2017 High-Level Talents in Nanshan District of Shenzhen
2016 Overseas High-Caliber Personnel (Peacock Plan)
Chinese Chemical Letters: Young Editorial Members
Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology: Lead Guest Editor
Current Post doctor
Farid Ahmed, Supermolecular chemistry, Karachi University (Pakistan)
Shahzad Iqbal, Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Sichuang University
Jabrane Jouha, Organic chemistry, University of Orléans (France)
裴海翔，Biochemistry and molecular biology, East China Normal University
Waheed Ullah Khan, Materials Physics and Chemistry, Lanzhou University
Alumni (Post doctor)
Chandrasekar Selvaraj, Organic chemistry，Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (India)
Srinivas Bitta Thirumalavenkata, Organic chemistry, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (India)
肖秋芸, Microbilogy, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
韩明亮, Organic chemistry, Nankai University
赵龙, Organic chemistry，RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
赵烜, Chemistry, 2018-2021
曾雅婷, Biology, 2021-2024
徐伟清, Biology, 2021-2024
Publications (2016-now)，*corresponding author
10. Jabrane Jouha and Hai Xiong*, DNAzyme-Functionalized nanomaterials: Recent Preparation, Current Applications, and Future Challenges. 2021, Submitted
9. Long Zhao, Farid Ahmed and Hai Xiong*, An excimer emission “on-off-on” switch based on G-quadruplex and rGO for amplified thrombin detection. 2021, Submitted
8. Farid Ahmed, Shahzad Iqbal, Long Zhao and Hai Xiong*, “ON-OFF-ON” fluorescence switches based on N,S-doped carbon dots: Facile hydrothermal growth, selective detection of Hg2+, and as a reversive probe for guanine. Analytica Chimica Acta 2021, 1183, 338977.
7. Shahzad Iqbal, Farid Ahmed and Hai Xiong*. Responsive-DNA hydrogel based intelligent materials: Preparation and applications. Chemical Engineering Journal 2021, 420, 130384.
6. Qiuyun Xiao, Xuan Zhao and Hai Xiong*. Biocompatible and noncytotoxic nucleoside-based AIEgens sensor for lighting-up nucleic acids. Chinese Chemical Letters 2021, 32, 1687–1690 (Cover paper)
5. Ming-Liang Han, Wei Huang, Yu-Wen Liu, Min Liu, Hui Xu*, Hai Xiong*, and Hui-Xiong Dai*. Pd-Catalyzed Asymmetric Dearomatization of Indoles via Decarbonylative Heck-Type Reaction of Thioesters. Organic Letters 2021, 23, 172−177.
4. Xuan Zhao, Long Zhao, Qiuyun Xiao and Hai Xiong*, Intermolecular hydrogen-bond interaction to promote thermoreversible 2'-deoxyuridine-based AIE-organogels. Chinese Chemical Letters 2021, 32, 1363–1366.
3. Farid Ahmed and Hai Xiong*, Recent developments in 1,2,3-triazole-based chemosensors. Dyes and Pigments 2021, 185, 108905.
2. Farid Ahmed, Humaira Kabir and Hai Xiong*, Dual Colorimetric Sensor for Hg2+/Pb2+ and an Efficient Catalyst Based on Silver Nanoparticles Mediating by the Root Extract of Bistorta Amplexicaulis. Frontiers in Chemistry 2020, 8, 591958.
1. Qiuyun Xiao, Zihan Liu, Xuan Zhao and Hai Xiong*, Multiple Site-specific One-Pot Synthesis of Two Proteins by the Bio-orthogonal Flexizyme System. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 2020, 8, 37.
SPRINGER NATURE: Book entitled “Metal, Metal-Oxides and Metal Sulfides for Batteries, Fuel Cells, Solar Cells, Photocatalysis and Health Sensors” 2021, ISBN 978-3-030-63791-0 (eBook)
Chapter 8: Developing Trends in DNA Biosensor and Their Applications ---Chandrasekar Selvaraj, Srinivas Bitta Thirumalavenkata and Hai Xiong*---
H. Xiong, N. Reynolds, C. Fan, M. Englert, D. Hoyer, S. Miller and D. Söll*, Dual Genetic Encoding of Acetyl-lysine and Non-deacetylatable Thioacetyl-lysine Mediated by Flexizyme. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 4083-4086.
C. Fan*, H. Xiong, N. Reynolds and D. Söll*, Rationally evolving tRNAPyl for efficient incorporation of noncanonical amino acids. Nucleic Acid Research. 2015, 43(22): e156
H. Xiong and F. Seela*, Cross-Linked DNA: Site Selective “Click” Ligation in Duplexes with Bis-Azides and Stability Changes Caused by Internal Cross-Links. Bioconjugate Chem., 2012, 23, 1230-1243.
H. Xiong, P. Leonard and F. Seela*, Construction and Assembly of Branched Y-shaped DNA: “Click” Chemistry Performed on Dendronized 8-Aza-7-deazaguanine. Oligonucleotides. Bioconjugate Chem., 2012, 23, 856-870.
H. Xiong and F. Seela*, Stepwise “Click” Chemistry for the Template Independent Construction of a Broad Variety of Cross-linked Oligonucleotides: Influence of Linker Length, Position and Linking Number on DNA Duplex Stability. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 76, 5584-5597.
G. Qing, H. Xiong (Co-first authors), F. Seela* and T. Sun*, Spatially Controlled DNA Nano-patterns by “Click” Chemistry Using Oligonucleotides with Different Anchoring Sites. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 15228-15232.
H. Xiong, F. Shi, J. Peng and Y. Deng*, Synthesis of supported gold catalysts for selective oxidation of cyclohexane with air. Chin. J. Mol. Catal., 2005, 19(3), 204-207.
H. Xiong, F. Shi and Y. Deng*, Synthesis and application of supported cobalt catalyst for selective oxidation of cyclohexane and toluene. Chin. J. Catal., 2004, 25(11), 887-891.