Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Address: Room 337, Administrative Building, Shenzhen University
2010, University of Wollongong, Australia, Applied Mathematics, Ph.D.
2006, University of Wollongong, Australia, Mathematics, Master
2005, University of Melbourne, Mathematics & Physics, B.Sci.
2017.03-now, Shenzhen University, Assistant Professor
2016.09-2016.12, Beijing Institute of Technology, Zhuhai, Associate Professor
2012.08-2016.08, University of Nottingham, Ningbo, Assistant Professor
IET, Micro & Nano Lett., Associate Editor
2017, Advisor of Asia and Pacific Mathematical Contest in Modeling Certificate of Achievement (First Prize)
2014, International Conference Best Paper Awards, ICAMEM2014
2011, IOP Nanotechnology Highlights 2011, UK
(a)Micro- and Nano- Mechanics: Emulsion, ultra-filtration, ion transport in nanomaterials, nano-fluidics etc.
(b)Applied mathematical modeling, mathematical analysis and simulations on scientific and engineering problems: Coupled solid and liquid problems, phase transition problems, macromolecular stretching, moving boundary problems etc.
(c)Applied partial differential equations: Analytical solutions, asymptotic solutions, numerical solutions, functional analysis, nonlinear pdes etc.
Mechanism investigation of the adoption of phase change materials and multi-layered bifurcations in creating massive droplets with applications in food and medical sciences, 01/2020—12/2022, Shenzhen Natural Science Foundation, PI
Publications and Patents:
1. Z. Lian, Y. Chan, Y. Ren, K.S. Koh, Y. Yan, G.Z. Chen, J. He, Y. Luo, X. Yang, J. Wang and Y. Zhang (2020) Thermally mediated double emulsion breakup in bifurcating bi-layer microchannel, accept for publication in Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications.
2. Z. Lian, Y. Chan, Y. Ren, K.S. Koh, Y. Yan, G.Z. Chen, J. He, Y. Luo, X. Yang, J.
Wang and Y. Zhang (2020) Versatile formation of single emulsion and double emulsion containing single/multiple cores in parallel mode using needle-based microfluidics, accept for publication in Electrophoresis.
3. Z. Lian, C. Wei, B. Gao, X. Yang, Y. Chan, J. Wang, G.Z. Chen, K.S. Koh, Y. Shi,
Y. Yan, Y. Ren, J. He and F. Liu (2020) Synergetic treatment of dye contaminated
wastewater using microparticles functionalized with carbon nanotubes/titanium dioxide nanocomposites, RSC Advances, Vol. 10, 9210.
4. Y. Chan, S.B. Khan, A. Mahmood, A.S. Saleemi, Z. Lian, Y. Ren, X. Zeng and S.L. Lee (2020) Electrical-pulse-induced mixture and separation in surface supramolecular hybrids: STM experiments and theoretical approaches, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 124, pp. 815-821.
5. Y. Chan, S.L. Lee, W. Chen, L. Zheng, Y. Shi and Y. Ren (2019) Newtonian flow inside carbon nanotube with permeable boundary taking into consideration van derWaals forces, Scientific Reports, Vol. 9, 12121.
6. Y. Chan, S. Muhammad, S-L. Lee and J.J. Wylie (2019) A continuum study of layer analysis for single species ion transport inside double-layered graphene sheets with various separations, Scientific Reports, Vol. 9, 11712.
7. A. Mahmood, S. Muhammad, Y. Chan, A.S. Saleemi, J. Guo and S.L. Lee (2019) Synergic effect: temperature-assisted electric-field-induced supramolecular phase transitions at the liquid/solid interface, Langmuir, Vol. 35, pp. 8031-8037.
8. N. Thamwattana, S. Pakhapoom and Y. Chan (2019)Mechanics and dynamics of lysozyme immobilization inside nanotubes, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, Vol. 31, 265901.
9. Y. Chan and J.J. Wylie (2018) A continuum model of lithium ion transport inside graphene, Europhysics Letters, Vol. 123, 14002.
10. Y. Ren, K.S. Koh, L.K. Liong, M. Yew, J.K. Chin, Y. Chan, Y. Yan (2018) Droplet breakup dynamics in bi-layer bifurcated microchannel, Micromachines, Vol. 9, doi:10.3390/mi9020057.
11. Y. Chan, B. Wu, Y. Ren and L. Xia (2018) Analytical solution for Newtonian flow inside a carbon nanotube taking into consideration of van der Waals forces, Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, Vol. 56, pp. 158-169.
Conferences and Presentations:
1.A continuum study of Layer Analysis for Single Species Ion Transport Inside Double-Layered Graphene Sheets with Various Separations: The 9th Annual World Congress of Nano Science & Technology-2019, Suzhou, Oct 20 2019 (Invited speaker).
2.Newtonian flow inside nanotubes with permeable boundary: 2019 The Second International Conference on Physics, Mathematics and Statistics, HangZhou, May 23 2019.
3.Some mathematical models arising from nanomechanics: 2017 Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, November 11 2017 (Invited speaker).
4.Introductory speech on micro- and nano-mechanics: 2017 National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, July 18 2017.