Ph.D., Post-doctoral Student
Address: Institute of Advanced Studies, Canghai Campus, Shenzhen University, Nanhai Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen.
2016-19, Chongqing University, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Ph.D.
2011-13, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur (Pakistan), Inorganic Chemistry, M.S
Synthesis of porous Nanomaterials (Metal-Organic-Frameworks (MOFs)), Electrocatalyis (Oxygen Reduction/Evolution Reaction, Hydrogen Evolution Reaction), Energy storage and conversion devices (Fuel Cells, Metal Air Batteries, Li-ion Batteries, and Li-S batteries), Organic Synthesis for biological applications.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS:
Nov 2019, 18th International and 30th National Conference on Recent Trends in Chemistry organized by Chemical Society of Pakistan, Lahore, Pakistan.
Topic: Metal Organic Framework Based Catalysts: Nano-Engineering Enhanced the Electrocatalytic Performance.
March, 27-29, 2019, International Chemistry Conference Forefronts of Chemistry Celebrating the Periodic Table Year, Multan, Pakistan.
Topic: Nano-Engineering of Dual Metal-organic Frameworks: Fe-, N-doped Carbon Nanotubes for ORR electrocatalysis.
Nov.2018, 4th International Conference on Recent Trends in Chemistry, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Topic: Directed Growth of Mn2O3 Quasi-Nanocubes on N-doped Carbon Polyhedrons: Enhanced the Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalytic Activity.
High Impact Paper Award 2019, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
Outstanding Student Award 2019, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
CSC Fellowship, 2016
1. Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Abdul Jabbar Khan, Sumreen Asim, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Sajid Hussain Siyalg, Muhammad Faizan Tahir, Zhijuan Zhao, Wenjie Mai. “Insights to pseudocapacitive charge storage of binary metal-oxide nanobelts decorated activated carbon cloth for highly-flexible hybrid-supercapacitors” Journal of Energy Storage, 31 (2020) 101602. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2020.101602
2.Tayyaba Najam*, Miao Wang, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Shumaila Ibraheem, Zhaoqi Song, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmed, Aziz ur Rehman, Xingke Cai*, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*. “Nano-engineering of Prussian Blue Analogues to Core-shell Architectures: Enhanced Catalytic Activity for Zinc-air Battery” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 578 (2020) 89–95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2020.05.071
3.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Hassan Ali, Zhaoqi Song, Haohao Sun, Zhengchun Peng, Xingke Cai. “A Metal Free Electrocatalyst for High-Performance Zinc-Air Battery Application with Good Resistance towards Poisoning Species” Carbon, 164 (2020) 12-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2020.03.036
4. Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Naseem Ahmad Khan, Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Arshad, Ahsan Sharif, Shahbaz Akhtar, Aziz ur Rehman*. Surface Induced Growth of ZIF-67 at Co-Layered Double Hydroxide: Removal of Methylene Blue and Methyl Orange from Water. Applied Clay Science, 190 (2020) 105564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2020.105564
5.Tayyaba Najam, Xingke Cai, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Muhammad Khurram Tufail, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah. “Nano-Engineered Directed Growth of Mn3O4 Quasi-Nanocubes on N-doped Polyhedrons: Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 45 (2020) 12903-12910. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.02.205
6. Naseem Ahmad Khan, Tayyaba Najam*, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Ejaz Hussain, Hassan Ali, Shahid Hussain, Asma Shaheen, Khalil Ahmad, Muhammad Ashfaq. “Development of Mn-PBA on GO sheets for adsorptive removal of ciprofloxacin from water: Kinetics, isothermal, thermodynamic and mechanistic studies” Materials Chemistry and Physics, 245 (2020) 122737. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2020.122737
7. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Muhammad Ashfaq, Mohammed M. Rahman, Kun Wang, Panagiotis Tsiakaras, Shuqin Song, Yi Wang. “Recent advances on oxygen reduction electrocatalysis: Correlating the characteristic properties of metal organic frameworks and the derived nanomaterials” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, (2019) 118570. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2019.118570
8. Jinxia Jiang, Jianhua Liao, Sicheng Tao, Tayyaba Najam, Wei Ding, Haijiang Wang, Zidong Wei “Modulation of iridium-based catalyst by a trace of transition metals for hydrogen oxidation/evolution reaction in alkaline” (2019) Electrochimica Acta, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.135444
9.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding, and Zidong Wei “Role of P-doping for Anti-Poisoning: An Efficient MOF derived 3D Hierarchical Architectures for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” (2019). The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 123 (2019) 16796. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.9b03730.
10.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding, Jianghai Deng, and Zidong Wei “Enhancing by Nano-engineering: Hierarchical Architectures for Oxygen Reduction/ Evolution Reactions in Zinc-Air Batteries” Journal of Power Sources, 438 (2019): 226919, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.226919
11.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding, Zhang Ling, Li Li and Zidong Wei “Electron Penetration from Metal Core to Surficial Metal Species in Nitrogen-doped Core-shell Catalyst for Enhancing Oxygen Evolution Reaction” Electrochimica Acta, 327 (2019) 134939. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.134939
12. Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Jinliang Li, Shahid Hussain, Muhammad Ashfaq Ahmad, Muhammad Ashfaq, Rizwan Raza, Wenjie Mai. Synthesis of mesoporous defective graphene-nanosheets in a space-confined self-assembled nanoreactor: Highly efficient capacitive energy storage. Electrochimica Acta, 307 (2019) 517-527. doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.03.072
13. Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Sha Li, ChangGuo Chen. Decoration of cobalt/iron oxide nanoparticles on N-doped carbon nanosheets: Electrochemical performances for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 49 (2019) 433–442. doi:10.1007/s10800-019-01291-5
14. Rui Xiang, Yijun Duan, Cheng Tong, Lishan Peng, Jian Wang, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Xun Huang, Zidong Wei. Self-standing FeCo Prussian blue analogue derived FeCo/C and FeCoP/C nanosheet arrays for cost-effective electrocatalytic water splitting. Electrochimica Acta, 302 (2019) 45-55. doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.01.170
15.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding, Jinxia Jiang, Jia Li, Yao Wang, Li Li, Zidong Wei “An Efficient Anti-poisoning catalyst against SOx, NOx and POx: P, N- doped carbon for Oxygen Reduction in Acidic Media” Angewandte Chemie, 57 (2018) 15101-15106, doi.org/10.1002/ange.201808383,
16. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Tayyaba Najam*, Chao Cheng, Siguo Chen, Rui Xiang, Lishan Peng, Lijuan Lu, Wei Ding, Zidong Wei, “Design and Synthesis of Conductive Carbon Polyhedrons Enriched with Mn-Oxide Active-Centres for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” Electrochimica Acta, 272 (2018),169-175. doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2018.04.008
17. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Tayyaba Najam*, Chao Cheng, Lishan Peng, Rui Xiang, Ling Zhang,Wei Ding, Zidong Wei, “Exploring Fe-Nx for Peroxide Reduction: Template-free Synthesis of Fe-Nx traumatized Mesoporous Carbon Nanotubes as an ORR Catalyst in Acidic and Alkaline Solutions” Chemistry - A European Journal, 24 (2018) 10630-10635. 10.1002/chem.201802453
18. Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Xueqiang Qi and Zidong Wei “Improving the Electrocatalytic Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction by Lowering the Electrochemical Impedance of RuO2/Ni-P” Electrochimica Acta, 260 (2018) 358-364. doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.12.024
19. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Dan Cheng, A. Hafeez, Yi Lu and Amir Waseem"Nano-Metal Organic Frame Work an Excellent Tool for BIOMEDICAL IMAGING" Current Medical Imaging Reviews, 14 (2018) 669-674, 10.2174/1573405613666170919151454
20.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Khalid Mehmood, Ahmad Ud Din, Sabeena Rizwan, Muhammad Ashfaq, Amir Waseem and Salma Shaheen “Progress and developments on Metal-catalyzed Cyanation Reaction - An overview” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 469 (2018) 408-423, doi.org/10.1016/j.ica.2017.09.058
21. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Lishan Peng, Tayyaba Najam, Guangping Wu, Chao Cheng, Dr. Yao Nie, Dr. Wei Ding, Dr. Xueqiang Qi, Dr. Siguo Chen and Prof. Zidong Wei "Monodispersed Co in Mesoporous Polyhedrons Resulting by Fine-tuning of ZIF-8 Structure with Enhanced Oxygen Reduction Activity" Electrochimica Acta, 251 (2017) 498-504. doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.08.091
22. Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Ling Zhang, Xueqiang Qi and Zidong Wei “Highly Active Electrocatalysis of Hydrogen Evolution Reaction in Alkaline Medium by AmorphousNi-P Alloy: A Capacitance-Activity Relationship”. Journal of Energy Chemistry, 26 (2017) 1245-1251, doi.org/10.1016/j.jechem.2017.09.028
23. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Ashfaq, Amir Waseem, M. Mehboob Ahmed, Tayyaba Najam, Salma Shaheen and Gildardo Rivera, "Synthesis of Organotin(IV) complexes and biological applications. Recent advances". Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 15 (2015) 406-426, 10.2174/138955751505150408142958
24. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Ashfaq, Salma Shaheen, Tayyaba Najam, Syeda Abida Ejaz. "Synthesis of Sulfonamides, Metal complexes and the study of in vitro Biological Activity". Current Bioactive Compounds. 9 (2013) 211-220. 10.2174/157340720903140119152646
25. Muhammad Ashfaq, Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmad, Salma Shaheen, Rukhsana Tabassum and Gildardo Rivera."DNA Binding Mode of Transition Metal Complexes, A Relationship to Tumor Toxicity. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 21 (2014) 3081-3094, 10.2174/0929867321666140601201803
26. Muhammad Ashfaq, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Salma Shaheen, Gildardo Rivera Sánchez. "Synthetic Routes of Sulfonamide Derivatives: A Brief Review." Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, 10 (2013)160-170, 10.2174/1570193X11310020005
27. Muhammad Ashfaq, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmad, Rukhsana Tabassum and Gildardo Rivera."Synthetic Thioamide, Benzimidazole, and Quinoline Derivatives with Carboxylic Acid and Ester Moieties. A Strategy in the Design of Anti-tuberculosis Agents. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 21 (2014) 911-931, 10.2174/09298673113206660302
WEBSITE OF RESEARCH GATE：