Institute for Advanced Study,
Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China
Address: Room 555, ZhiZhi Building, Canghai Campus, Nanshan District, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen (518060), China
2019. Ph.D.; Chemical Engineering & Technology (Organic Synthesis), Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
2011. Master in Chemistry (Organic); University of Science & Technology Bannu, KPK, Pakistan
2009. Bachelor in Science; University of Science & Technology Bannu, KPK, Pakistan
2012. Bachelor of Education; Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan
2D materials catalysis, organocatalysis, homogeneous/heterogeneous catalysis, ionic liquids catalysis, hydrogen bonding catalysis, C-H bond activation, cross-dehydrogenative coupling (CDC) reactions, C-C/C-X bond synthesis.
Chinese Government (CSC) Scholarship for Ph.D. at Zhejiang University, China (2013-2018)
Publications / Manuscripts
1. Bakhtar Ullah, Jingwen Chen, Zhiguo Zhang*, Huabin Xing, Qiwei Yang, Zongbi Bao & Qilong Ren. “1-Ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate as a highly efficient organocatalyst for cyanosilylation of carbonyl compounds with trimethylsilyl cyanide”, Scientific Reports | 7:42699, (2017).
2. Bakhtar Ullah, Yuli Zhou, Jingwen Chen, Zongbi Bao, Yiwen Yang, Qiwei Yang, Qilong Ren and Zhiguo Zhang*. “New catalytic effect of thiourea on the oxidative cyanation of N-aryltetrahydroisoquinolines”, Tetrahedron Letters, 60, 348–351 (2019).
3. Xiang Qiao, Mahmoud El-Shahat, Bakhtar Ullah, Zongbi Bao, Huabin Xing, Li Xiao, Qilong Ren and Zhiguo Zhang*. “Cyclopentadiene-based Brønsted acid as a new generation of organocatalyst for transfer hydrogenation of 2-substituted quinoline derivatives”, Tetrahedron Letters, 58, 2050–2053 (2017).
4. Wei Liu, Bakhtar Ullah, Chiching Kuo and Xingke Cai. “Two dimensional nanomaterials-based polymer composites: fabrication and energy storage applications”, Advances in Polymer Technology, (Accepted), (2019).
5. Bakhtar Ullah, Zhiguo Zhang,* Jingwen Chen, Zongbi Bao, Yiwen Yang, Qiwei Yang and Qilong Ren. “Deep eutectic solvent as efficient organocatalyst for oxidative -cyanation of N-aryltetrahydroisoquinolines with TMSCN” (In submission process).
6. Bakhtar Ullah and Xingke Cai*. “Organocatalyzed synthesis of -aminonitriles” (Review ready for submission).