Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Institute for Advanced Study College of Physics and Optoelectronic Engineering Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Address: Room S305, Huiyuan Building, Shenzhen University, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, 518060, Guangdong, China
-2021: Ph.D.; Materials Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China
-2017: Master; Textile Engineering, School of Textile Material and Sciences, Wuhan Textile University, Wuhan, China
-2015: Bachelor; Textile Engineering, National Textile University, Faisalabad, Pakistan
-2021.09-now, Shenzhen University, China, Post-Doctorate
-2020.09-2021.03, Wuhan University of Technology, China, Teaching Assistant
-Gold Medalist for B.Sc. Engineering (2011-2015) at National Textile University (NTU) by the President of PAKISTAN.
-2021 Excellent Graduate Award, Ph.D. Wuhan University of Technology, China
-Excellent Academic Student Award 2017-2018, Excellent Academic Student Award 2018-2019, and Outstanding Academic Student Award 2019-2020, Wuhan University of Technology, China.
-Served as Vice Secretary-General for ICEA Wuhan University of Technology 2019-2020.
-Winner for 2016-2017 Hubei Provincial Scholarship by Provincial Government of Hubei, China at Wuhan Textile University, Wuhan.
-The Prime Minister of Pakistan Laptop Award winner for year 2013.
-Served as the President of the Character Building Society at National Textile University (NTU).
-Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion Devices (Supercapacitors, Flow Batteries, Metal Air Batteries, and Li-ion Batteries).
-Electrocatalyis (Oxygen Reduction/Evolution Reaction, Hydrogen Evolution Reaction).
-Flexible Devices, Textile based Energy Storage Devices, Smart Textiles.
-Textile manufacturing (Spinning, Processing, Weaving, Garments).
▪Abdul Rehman Akbar, et.al. “Structure and Electrochemical Properties of Sulfonated Carbon Nanotubes/Co-Ni Bimetallic Layered Hydroxide Composites for High-Performance Supercapacitors”, Ceramics International.
▪Abdul Rehman Akbar, et.al. “A Novel Ternary Composite Aerogel for High-Performance Supercapacitor”, Colloids and Surfaces A.
▪Abdul Rehman Akbar, et.al. “Synthesis of the novel binary composite of self-suspended polyaniline (S-PANI) and functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes for high-performance supercapacitors”, Ionics.
▪ M. E. Hilal, A. Aboulouard, Abdul Rehman Akbar, H. A. Younus, N. Horzum, F.Verpoort, “Progress of MOF-Derived Functional Materials Toward Industrialization in Solar Cells and Metal-Air Batteries”, Catalysts.
▪ Wang, J., Chen, X., Zhang, C., Akbar, A. R., Shi, Z., Yang, Q., & Xiong, C. (2019). Transparent konjac glucomannan/cellulose nanofibril composite films with improved mechanical properties and thermal stability. Cellulose.
▪ Yu Chen; Yang Hu; Jisi Chen; Yao Lu; Zhenghui Zhao; Abdul Rehman Akbar; Zhuqun Shi; Quanling Yang; Chuanxi Xiong,“Fabrication of porous carbon nanofibril/MnO2 composite aerogels from TEMPO-oxidized cellulose nanofibrils for high-performance supercapacitors”.Colloids and Surfaces A.
▪ Yao L, et.al Abdul Rehman Akbar, Chuanxi Xiong, Quanling Yang; “Electrochemical performances of graphene/poly-3,4-dioxyethylenethiophene aerogels as supercapacitor electrode materials” Ionics.
▪Akbar, A. R., Su, S., Amjad, B., Cai, Y., & Lin, L. (2017). Effect of Bamboo Viscose on the Wicking and Moisture Management Properties of Gauze. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 275, 012042.
▪ Rehman Akbar, A., Zeshan, M., Neaz, M., Cai, Y., & Lin, L. (2017). Effect of Ring Machine Front Roller Rubber Cot Hardness on Properties of Coarser Yarn. MATEC Web of Conferences, 130, 02003.
▪Akbar, A. R., Su, S., Khalid, J., Cai, Y., & Lin, L. (2017). Investigation of Comfort Properties of Knitted Denim. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 275, 012029.
▪Abdul Rehman Akbar, Md. Kamruzzaman, Weilin Xu, Sayyam Gull, Waqas Ahmed, Junaid Khalid. Development of Weft Knitted Heating Pads on V-bed Hand Flat Knitting Machine by Using Conductive Yarns: American Journal of Polymer Science & Engineering, Volume 4 | Issue 1