Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Institute for Advanced Study
College of Civil Engineering
Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Room S314, Huiyuan Building, Shenzhen University, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, 518060, Guangdong, China
2017-9-01 – 2021-5-06 Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
Institute Energy Storage Division, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Dalian, China, http://www.dicp.ac.cn/
2014-03 – 2016-10 Master of Sciences in Chemical Engineering
Institute University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar (Pakistan) (uetpeshawar.edu.pk) Master of Sciences in Advance Chemical Engineering
2010-1-19 – 2014-2-14 Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
Institute Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi (Pakistan) (duet.edu.pk) Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
2021-10-now, Shenzhen University, Postdoc Fellow
Research Interests Areas:
Membranes, Li metal based batteries, Flow batteries, Desalination, Electrochemistry
• I have extensive experience of reviewing research papers from ACS (Applied Materials & Interfaces), Wiley (Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Materials, Small), and RSC (Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Nanoscale), Elsevier ( Journal of Membrane Science, Nano Energy, Energy Storage Materials, Journal of Energy Chemistry)
• Volunteer, responsible for dialogue the logo and other propaganda materials, the 1st Annual Meeting of International Coalition of Energy Storage & Innovation (ICESI, 2018).
• 2019 Volunteer, responsible for dialogue and propaganda key points , the 2nd China-UK Policy Dialogue on Energy Storage, DICP, China.
Honors and Awards:
1. Awarded UCAS international fellowship award to purse Ph.D. at DICP,CAS.
2. Outstanding MSc graduate of UET, Peshawar, Pakistan.
3. Outstanding BE Graduate of DUET, Karachi, Pakistan.
4. Throughout 1st class academics career (SSC, HSSC, BE and M.Sc.).
5. Awarded fellowship award to purse Master in Chemical Engineering at UET, Peshawar, Pakistan. (uetpeshawar.edu.pk)
6. Awarded fellowship award to study in Bachelor of Chemical Engineering at DUET, Karachi, Pakistan. (duet.edu.pk)
7. Several Sports awards
 A Hussain, Y Luo, T Li,† H Zhang,* S Mirza, H Zhang, X Li*. Stop four Gaps with One Bush: Versatile Hierarchical Polybenzimidazole Nanoporous Membrane for Highly Durable Li-S Battery. ACS Applied Material & Interfaces, 2020, 12, 50, 55809–55819. (IF: 9.23)
 A Hussain; D Li; Y Luo; H Zhang*; H Zhang; X Li*. Porous Membrane with improved dendrite resistance for High-Performance Lithium metal-based Battery. Journal of Membrane Science, 2020,605, 118108. (IF: 8.74)
 D Ma, Z Song, H Zhang*, A Hussain, K Feng, H Zhang, X Li*. All-weather Li/LiV2(PO4)3 primary battery with improved shelf-life: based on the in-situ modification of cathode/electrolyte interface. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020, 8, 16951-16959. (IF: 12.73)
 S Mirza, Z Song, H Zhang*, A Hussain, H Zhang, X Li*. A simple pre-sodiation strategy to improve performance and energy density of sodium ion batteries with Na4V2(PO4)3 as cathode material. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020, 8, 23368-23375. (IF: 12.73)
 Y Luo; T Li; H Zhang*.; Y Yu; A Hussain; J Yan; H Zhang.; X Li*. New insights into the formation of silicon-oxygen layer on lithium metal anode via in-situ reaction with tetraethoxysilane. Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2020. (IF: 9.67)
 A Hussain, Y Luo, T Li,† H Zhang,* S Mirza, H Zhang, X Li*. Coupling of multifunctional PBI membrane with super concentrated electrolyte for stable and dendrite free Li metal anode. (under review in JMS).
Patent Applied for or obtained:
 李先锋, 阿尔沙德-侯赛因, 罗洋, 张华民, 一种锂金属电池用极性多孔隔膜及其 制备方法, 202110328606.8.
1.A Hussain, M Ali, M Younas*. Experimental analysis of pressure retarded osmosis from salinity gradient using hollow fiber membrane contactor 3rd Conference on Sustainability in Process Industry, 2016.