Ph.D., Postdoctoral Researcher
Address: Room 339, Administration Building, Shenzhen University, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, 518060
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Pvn-lugAAAAJ&hl=zh-CN
2016 George Mason University, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ph.D.
2012 Wuhan University, Micro-Electronics Engineering, M.S.
2010 Wuhan University, Electrical Science and Technology, B.S.
2016.11-2019.01 Hampton University, Department of Physics, Postdoctoral Research Fellow $ Research Assistant Professor.
2014.12-2016.05 National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S., Research Assistant.
Two Dimensional Magnetic Materials and Hall Devices, Two Dimensional Piezoelectric Materials and Converters.
2013 George Mason University, Provost Scholar
2015 George Mason University, Suneeth Nayak Scholarship
2016 George Mason University, Outstanding Graduate Award
1. S. Yu, Q. Rice, B. Tabibi, Q. Li and F. J. Seo, Piezoelectricity in WSe2/MoS2 heterostructure atomic layers, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 12472–12479.
2. S. Yu, H. D. Xiong, K. Eshun, H. Yuan and Q. Li, Phase transition, effective mass and carrier mobility of MoS2 monolayer under tensile strain, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2015, 325, 27–32.
3. S. Yu, K. Eshun, H. Zhu and Q. Li, Novel Two-Dimensional Mechano-Electric Generators and Sensors Based on Transition Metal Dichalcogenides, Sci. Rep., 2015, 5, 12854.
4. S. Yu, H. Zhu, K. Eshun, C. Shi, M. Zeng and Q. Li, Strain-engineering the anisotropic electrical conductance in ReS2 monolayer, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2016, 108, 191901.
5. S. Yu, H. Zhu, K. Eshun, C. Shi, M. Zeng, K. Jiang and Q. Li, Dirac fermions induced in strained zigzag phosphorus nanotubes and their applications in field effect transistors, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 32521–32527.
6. S. Yu, Q. Rice, T. Neupane, B. Tabibi, Q. Li and F. J. Seo, Piezoelectricity enhancement and bandstructure modification of atomic defect-mediated MoS2 monolayer, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2017, 19, 24271–24275.
7. S. Yu, S. Ran, H. Zhu, K. Eshun, C. Shi, K. Jiang, K. Gu, F. J. Seo and Q. Li, Study of interfacial strain at the α-Al2O3/monolayer MoS2 interface by first principle calculations, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2018, 428, 593–597.
8. S. Yu, H. Zhu, K. Eshun, A. Arab, A. Badwan and Q. Li, A computational study of the electronic properties of one-dimensional armchair phosphorene nanotubes, J. Appl. Phys., 2015, 118, 164306.
9. S. Yu, T. Neupane, D. Jayakodige, B. Tabibi, Q. Li, and F. J. Seo*, "Piezoelectricity enhancement by atomic substitution of nitrogen in boron nitride nanotubes." (Accepted by J Phys D Appl Phys)
10. Y. Li, S. Yu, X. Meng, Y. Liu, Y. Zhao, F. qi Liu and Z. Wang, The effect of magnetic ordering on light emitting intensity of Eu-doped GaN, J. Phys. Appl. Phys., 2013, 46, 215101.
11. K. Gu, S. Yu, K. Eshun, H. Yuan, H. Ye, J. Tang, D. E. Ioannou, C. Xiao, H. Wang and Q. Li, Two-dimensional hybrid layered materials: strain engineering on the band structure of MoS2/WSe2 hetero-multilayers, Nanotechnology, 2017, 28, 365202.
12. H. Yuan, G. Cheng, S. Yu, A. R. Hight Walker, C. A. Richter, M. Pan and Q. Li, Field effects of current crowding in metal-MoS2 contacts, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2016, 108, 103505.
13. K. Eshun, H. D. Xiong, S. Yu and Q. Li, Doping induces large variation in the electrical properties of MoS2 monolayers, Solid-State Electron., 2015, 106, 44–49.
14. P. Sun, Y. Li, X. Meng, S. Yu, Y. Liu, F. Liu and Z. Wang, The magnetic field effect on optical properties of Sm-doped GaN thin films, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron., 2014, 25, 2974–2978.
15. P. Sun, Y. Liu, X. Wan, X. Meng, R. Su and S. Yu, Synthesis of long Ag nanowires and its application in GaN nanowires photodetector as transparent electrodes, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron., 2015, 26, 6787–6792.
16. P. Sun, F. Xue, S. Yu, X. Meng*, Y. Liu, L. Zhang, Hydrothermal Synthesis of Ce-Doped CdSe/ZnS Nanostructure for Highly Efficient Green and Red Emitting, Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Lett., 2014, 10, 927-931
17. Y. H. Liu, X. Q. Meng, S. Yu, F. Xue and X. Wan, The optical and structural study of a blue emitting structure with dual InGaN/GaN multiple quantum wells, Opt. Spectrosc., 2014, 116, 91–95.
18. S. Yu, Q. Li and K. Eshun, Effects of Doping, Strain and Size on the Electrical Properties of MoS2 Nanoribbons, ECS Trans., 2014, 64, 25–31.
19. S. Yu, X. Meng and Y. Liu, Investigation of microenvironment-depended photoluminescence in Eu3+-implantation of GaN, Wuhan Univ. J. Nat. Sci., 2012, 17, 321–325.
1. Q. Li, S. Yu, A. Arab, "Mechanical and thermal electric generators." U.S. Patent WO2016191606 A1, issued Nov. 8, 2018.
2. X. Meng., Y. Liu, S. Yu, “The structure and fabrication technology of a white light LED without phosphor.” CN201110270444.3. issued Dec. 21, 2011.