Ph.D., Post-doctoral Researcher
Address: Institute of Advanced Studies, Canghai Campus, Shenzhen University, Nanhai Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen.
2016-19, Chongqing University, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Ph.D.
2011-13, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur (Pakistan), Inorganic Chemistry, M.S
Synthesis of porous Nanomaterials (Metal-Organic-Frameworks (MOFs)), Electrocatalyis (Oxygen Reduction/Evolution Reaction, Hydrogen Evolution Reaction), Energy storage and conversion devices (Fuel Cells, Metal Air Batteries, Li-ion Batteries, and Li-S batteries), Organic Synthesis for biological applications.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS:
Nov 2019, 18th International and 30th National Conference on Recent Trends in Chemistry organized by Chemical Society of Pakistan, Lahore, Pakistan.
Topic: Metal Organic Framework Based Catalysts: Nano-Engineering Enhanced the Electrocatalytic Performance.
March, 27-29, 2019, International Chemistry Conference Forefronts of Chemistry Celebrating the Periodic Table Year, Multan, Pakistan.
Topic: Nano-Engineering of Dual Metal-organic Frameworks: Fe-, N-doped Carbon Nanotubes for ORR electrocatalysis.
Nov.2018, 4th International Conference on Recent Trends in Chemistry, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Topic: Directed Growth of Mn2O3 Quasi-Nanocubes on N-doped Carbon Polyhedrons: Enhanced the Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalytic Activity.
• High Impact Paper Award 2019, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
• Outstanding Student Award 2019, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
• CSC Fellowship, 2016
• PI (China Postdoctoral Science Foundation Grant)
Title: Nano-engineering of MOFs for Oxygen Electrocatalysis: Enhancing the Stability and Anti-poisoning Capability (2020M672790-Approved), Amount: 50,000 RMB
• Co-PI (Pakistan Science Foundation-National Natural Science Foundation of China) PSF-NSFC IV-141
Title: Metal-Organic Framework-based Materials for Photocatalytic and Electrocatalytic Production of Hydrogen Fuels, Amount: 2 million RMB
1.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding*, Jinxia Jiang, Jia Li, Yao Wang, Li Li*, Zidong Wei*. “An Efficient Anti-poisoning catalyst against SOx, NOx and POx: P, N- doped carbon for Oxygen Reduction in Acidic Media” Angewandte Chemie, 57 (2018) 15101-15106, Impact Factor = 12.1, doi.org/10.1002/ange.201808383,
2.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Hassan Ali, Zhaoqi Song, Haohao Sun, Zhengchun Peng*, Xingke Cai*. “A Metal Free Electrocatalyst for High-Performance Zinc-Air Battery Application with Good Resistance towards Poisoning Species” Carbon, 164 (2020) 12-18. Impact Factor = 8.821 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2020.03.036
3.Tayyaba Najam*, Miao Wang, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Shumaila Ibraheem, Zhaoqi Song, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmed, Aziz ur Rehman, Xingke Cai*, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*. “Nano-engineering of Prussian Blue Analogues to Core-shell Architectures: Enhanced Catalytic Activity for Zinc-air Battery” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 578 (2020) 89–95. Impact Factor = 7.489 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2020.05.071
4.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding*, and Zidong Wei* “Role of P-doping for Anti-Poisoning: An Efficient MOF derived 3D Hierarchical Architectures for Oxygen Reduction Reaction”. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 123 (2019) 16796. Impact Factor = 4.3 https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.9b03730.
5.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding*, Jianghai Deng, and Zidong Wei* “Enhancing by Nano-engineering: Hierarchical Architectures for Oxygen Reduction/ Evolution Reactions in Zinc-Air Batteries” Journal of Power Sources, 438 (2019): 226919. Impact Factor = 7.467 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.226919
6.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Wei Ding*, Zhang Ling, Li Li* and Zidong Wei* “Electron Penetration from Metal Core to Surficial Metal Species in Nitrogen-doped Core-shell Catalyst for Enhancing Oxygen Evolution Reaction” Electrochimica Acta, 327 (2019) 134939. Impact Factor = 5.1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.134939
7.Tayyaba Najam, Xingke Cai*, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Muhammad Khurram Tufail, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*. “Nano-Engineered Directed Growth of Mn3O4 Quasi-Nanocubes on N-doped Polyhedrons: Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 45 (2020) 12903-12910. Impact Factor = 4.939 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.02.205
8.Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Khalid Mehmood Ahmad Ud Din, Sabeena Rizwan, Muhammad Ashfaq, Amir Waseem and Salma Shaheen “Progress and developments on Metal-catalyzed Cyanation Reaction - An overview” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 469 (2018) 408-423. Impact Factor = 2.264, doi.org/10.1016/j.ica.2017.09.058
9.Tayyaba Najam, Shumaila Ibraheem, Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Asma Shaheen, Amir Waseem, M. S Javed*, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Xingke Cai*. Partially Oxidized Cobalt species in Nitrogen-doped Carbon Nanotubes: Enhanced Catalytic Performance to Water-splitting. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46 (2021) 8864-8870. Impact Factor = 4.939, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.01.016
10. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah1, Tayyaba Najam1, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Muhammad Ashfaq, Mohammed M. Rahman, Kun Wang, Panagiotis Tsiakaras*, Shuqin Song*, Yi Wang*. “Recent advances on oxygen reduction electrocatalysis: Correlating the characteristic properties of metal organic frameworks and the derived nanomaterials” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, (2019) 118570. Impact Factor = 14.22 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2019.118570
11. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah1, Tayyaba Najam1, Chao Cheng, Siguo Chen, Rui Xiang, Lishan Peng, Lijuan Lu, Wei Ding, Zidong Wei*, “Design and Synthesis of Conductive Carbon Polyhedrons Enriched with Mn-Oxide Active-Centres for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” Electrochimica Acta, 272 (2018),169-175. Impact Factor = 5.1, doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2018.04.008
12. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah1, Tayyaba Najam1, Chao Cheng, Lishan Peng, Rui Xiang, Ling Zhang,Wei Ding, Zidong Wei*, “Exploring Fe-Nx for Peroxide Reduction: Template-free Synthesis of Fe-Nx traumatized Mesoporous Carbon Nanotubes as an ORR Catalyst in Acidic and Alkaline Solutions” Chemistry - A European Journal, 24 (2018) 10630-10635. Impact Factor = 5.3, 10.1002/chem.201802453
13. Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Muhammad Aswad Bashir, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Suleman Suleman, Shahid Hussain, Ome Parkash Kumar, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Aziz ur Rehman, “Combining structurally ordered intermetallic nodes: Kinetic and isothermal studies for removal of malachite green and methyl orange with mechanistic aspects” Microchemical Journal, 164 (2021) 105973 Impact Factor = 3.594, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2021.105973
14. Naseem Ahmad Khan, Salma Shaheen, Tayyaba Najam*, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Ejaz Hussain, Asma Shaheen, Shahid Hussain, Muhammad Ashfaq*. “Efficient Removal of Norfloxacin by MOF@GO composite: Isothermal, kinetic, statistical and mechanistic study”. Toxin Reviews, (2020) 1-13. Impact Factor = 2.8, https://doi.org/10.1080/15569543.2020.1801750
15. Khalil Ahmad, Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Ahmad Kaleem Qureshi, Ejaz Hussain, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Muhammad Khurram Tufail, Shahid Hussain, Naseem Ahmad Khan, Habib-ur-Rehman Shah, Muhammad Ashfaq Ahmad*. “Engineering of Zirconium based metal-organic frameworks (Zr-MOFs) as efficient adsorbents”. Materials Science and Engineering: B, 262 (2020) 114766. Impact Factor = 4.7, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mseb.2020.114766
16. Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Naseem Ahmad Khan, Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Arshad, Ahsan Sharif, Shahbaz Akhtar, Aziz ur Rehman*. Surface Induced Growth of ZIF-67 at Co-Layered Double Hydroxide: Removal of Methylene Blue and Methyl Orange from Water. Applied Clay Science, 190 (2020) 105564. Impact Factor = 3.89 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2020.105564
17. Naseem Ahmad Khan1, Tayyaba Najam1, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*, Ejaz Hussain, Hassan Ali, Shahid Hussain, Asma Shaheen, Khalil Ahmad, Muhammad Ashfaq*. “Development of Mn-PBA on GO sheets for adsorptive removal of ciprofloxacin from water: Kinetics, isothermal, thermodynamic and mechanistic studies” Materials Chemistry and Physics, 245 (2020) 122737. Impact Factor = 2.78, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2020.122737
18. Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Abdullah Yasar, Muhammad Aswad Bashir, Sajid Hussain Siyal, Tayyaba Najam*, Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Khalil Ahmad, Shahid Hussain, Saima Anjum, Ejaz Hussain, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah* & Aziz Ur Rehman*. Quality assessment of the noncarbonated-bottled drinking water: comparison of their treatment techniques. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry. (2020) Impact Factor = 1.431, https://doi.org/10.1080/03067319.2020.1846732
19. Shumaila Ibraheem, Xiuting Li, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Ghulam Yasin, Rashid Iqbal, Shahid Hussain, Weiyuan Ding, Farrukh Shahzad. Tellurium Triggered Formation of Te/Fe-NiOOH Nanocubes as an Efficient Bifunctional Electrocatalyst for Overall Water Splitting. ACS Applied Material Interfaces. (2021) Impact Factor = 8.75, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.0c22573
20. Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Sajid Hussain Siyal, Shahid Hussain, Muhammad Saleem, Zhijuan Zhao, and Wenjie Mai. "Achieving high-energy density and superior cyclic stability in flexible and lightweight pseudocapacitor through synergic effects of binder-free CoGa2O4 2D-hexagonal nanoplates." Nano Energy, 77 (2020) 105276. Impact Factor = 16.6 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2020.105276
21. Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Abdul Jabbar Khan, Sumreen Asim, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Sajid Hussain Siyal, Muhammad Faizan Tahir, Zhijuan Zhao, Wenjie Mai. “Insights to pseudocapacitive charge storage of binary metal-oxide nanobelts decorated activated carbon cloth for highly-flexible hybrid-supercapacitors” Journal of Energy Storage, 31 (2020) 101602. Impact Factor = 3.517 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2020.101602
22. Khurram Shahzad, Tayyaba Najam, Muhammad Sohail Bashir, Muhammad Altaf Nazir, Aziz ur Rehman*, Muhammad Aswad Bashir, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah*. Fabrication of periodic mesoporous organo silicate (PMOS) composites of Ag and ZnO: Photo-catalytic degradation of methylene blue and methyl orange. Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 123 (2021) 108357 Impact Factor = 1.943 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inoche.2020.108357
23. Jinxia Jiang, Jianhua Liao, Sicheng Tao, Tayyaba Najam, Wei Ding, Haijiang Wang, Zidong Wei “Modulation of iridium-based catalyst by a trace of transition metals for hydrogen oxidation/evolution reaction in alkaline” (2019) Electrochimica Acta, Impact Factor = 5.1 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.135444
24. Muhammad Sufyan Javed, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Jinliang Li, Shahid Hussain, Muhammad Ashfaq Ahmad, Muhammad Ashfaq, Rizwan Raza, Wenjie Mai. Synthesis of mesoporous defective graphene-nanosheets in a space-confined self-assembled nanoreactor: Highly efficient capacitive energy storage. Electrochimica Acta, 307 (2019) 517-527. Impact Factor = 5.1 doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.03.072
25. Muhammad Kashif Aslam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Sha Li, ChangGuo Chen. Decoration of cobalt/iron oxide nanoparticles on N-doped carbon nanosheets: Electrochemical performances for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 49 (2019) 433–442. Impact Factor = 2.262 doi:10.1007/s10800-019-01291-5
26. Rui Xiang, Yijun Duan, Cheng Tong, Lishan Peng, Jian Wang, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Xun Huang, Zidong Wei. Self-standing FeCo Prussian blue analogue derived FeCo/C and FeCoP/C nanosheet arrays for cost-effective electrocatalytic water splitting. Electrochimica Acta, 302 (2019) 45-55. Impact Factor = 5.1 doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.01.170
27. Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Xueqiang Qi and Zidong Wei “Improving the Electrocatalytic Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction by Lowering the Electrochemical Impedance of RuO2/Ni-P” Electrochimica Acta, 260 (2018) 358-364. Impact Factor = 5.1, doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.12.024
28. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Dan Cheng, A. Hafeez, Yi Lu and Amir Waseem"Nano-Metal Organic Frame Work an Excellent Tool for BIOMEDICAL IMAGING" Current Medical Imaging Reviews, 14 (2018) 669-674. Impact Factor = 0.57, 10.2174/1573405613666170919151454
29. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Lishan Peng, Tayyaba Najam, Guangping Wu, Chao Cheng, Yao Nie, Wei Ding, Xueqiang Qi, Siguo Chen and Zidong Wei "Monodispersed Co in Mesoporous Polyhedrons Resulting by Fine-tuning of ZIF-8 Structure with Enhanced Oxygen Reduction Activity" Electrochimica Acta, 251 (2017) 498-504. Impact Factor = 5.1 doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.08.091
30. Chao Cheng, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Ling Zhang, Xueqiang Qi and Zidong Wei “Highly Active Electrocatalysis of Hydrogen Evolution Reaction in Alkaline Medium by AmorphousNi-P Alloy: A Capacitance-Activity Relationship”. Journal of Energy Chemistry, 26 (2017) 1245-1251. Impact Factor = 2.33, doi.org/10.1016/j.jechem.2017.09.028
31. Shahid Hussain, Mobasshar Hassan, M. S.Javed, Asma Shaheen, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Tariq Nazir, Tayyaba Najam, Abdul Jabbar Khan, Xiangzhao Zhang, Guiwu Liu, Distinctive Flower-Like CoNi2S4 Nanoneedle Arrays (CNS–NAS) for Superior Supercapacitor Electrode Performances. Ceramic International, 46 (2020) 25942-25948. Impact Factor = 3.83, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.07.081
32. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Ashfaq, Amir Waseem, M. Mehboob Ahmed, Tayyaba Najam, Salma Shaheen and Gildardo Rivera, "Synthesis of Organotin(IV) complexes and biological applications. Recent advances". Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 15 (2015) 406-426. Impact Factor = 2.84, 10.2174/138955751505150408142958
33. Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Ashfaq, Salma Shaheen, Tayyaba Najam, Syeda Abida Ejaz. "Synthesis of Sulfonamides, Metal complexes and the study of in vitro Biological Activity". Current Bioactive Compounds. 9 (2013) 211-220. Impact Factor = 0.7, 10.2174/157340720903140119152646
34. Muhammad Ashfaq, Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmad, Salma Shaheen, Rukhsana Tabassum and Gildardo Rivera."DNA Binding Mode of Transition Metal Complexes, A Relationship to Tumor Toxicity. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 21 (2014) 3081-3094. Impact Factor = 3.853, 10.2174/0929867321666140601201803
35. Muhammad Ashfaq, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Salma Shaheen, Gildardo Rivera Sánchez. "Synthetic Routes of Sulfonamide Derivatives: A Brief Review." Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, 10 (2013)160-170. Impact Factor = 1.075, 10.2174/1570193X11310020005
36. Muhammad Ashfaq, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Muhammad Mahboob Ahmad, Rukhsana Tabassum and Gildardo Rivera."Synthetic Thioamide, Benzimidazole, and Quinoline Derivatives with Carboxylic Acid and Ester Moieties. A Strategy in the Design of Anti-tuberculosis Agents. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 21 (2014) 911-931. Impact Factor = 3.853, 10.2174/09298673113206660302
•Tayyaba Najam, Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Mohammed M. Rahman, Water-stable metal–organic framework for environmental remediation, Bioremediation for Environmental Sustainability, 2021, Pages 585-621 Publisher: Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-820524-2.00024-9
• Syed Shoaib Ahmad Shah, Tayyaba Najam, Mohammed M. Rahman, Metal-Organic Framework-Derived Catalysts for Zn-Air Batteries, Handbook of Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites for Energy and Environmental Applications, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-11155-7_111-1
WEBSITE OF RESEARCH GATE：